Booking Terms & Conditions
- Your contract is with Superstar Holidays™ Ltd, member of ABTA and holder of public ATOL licence number 2982. It comes into force only when we have accepted a booking by the issue of a written confirmation subject to receipt of your deposit or full payment. Your contract with Superstar Holidays is made in accordance with our booking conditions and is subject to English law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- For bookings made by telephone, a deposit of £100 per person is required at the time of booking. An invoice for the balance price of your holiday will be sent within 3 days and the balance must be paid in full at least eight weeks prior to departure. For bookings made within eight weeks of departure full payment is due with the booking form. If for any reason the balance is not received by us by the due date we will contact you or your Agent. If we do not receive any response within 7 days of departure we reserve the right to treat your booking as being cancelled and levy the applicable cancellation charges. All monies paid by a customer to a Travel Agent in respect of a booking with Superstar Holidays is at all times held on behalf of Superstar Holidays.
- For bookings made on line, full payment will be required for confirmed services only. You will not be required to make payment for services which are “on request” or subject to availability. For such services, we will endeavour to contact you within one working day and advise you of availability.
- We accept payment by cheques, bank transfer, credit card and debit cards. Payments by credit card will incur a charge of 1% of the value of the transaction. Any cheques returned unpaid will be subject to a £20 administration charge and an alternative method of payment must be made. We reserve the right to cancel your holiday if we do not receive an alternative method of payment within 7 days of departure.
- If having booked and paid for one holiday you wish to transfer to a different holiday, hotel, departure date or alter any detail on the booking form, please contact us by telephone and we will do everything possible to meet your requirements. However, a fee to offset the additional administration involved of £35 per person, will be charged plus any additional costs incurred.
- Alterations of departure date or holiday within six weeks of departure will incur the normal cancellation charges as set out in Section 4. If you are prevented from travelling, you may transfer your holiday to a third party without payment of cancellation charges. Notification must be no later than 21 days before departure and additional administration costs incurred may be charged.
- CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS
- If you are forced to cancel your holiday, it is important to note that the cancellation of booking is accepted in writing only and is not effective until received by SUPERSTAR HOLIDAYS LIMITED. In the event of a cancellation by either one or all named persons in the booking form, we will charge the following scale of cancellation charges.
|Period before departure within which notification is received
||Cancellation as a percentage of holiday price to be charged
|More than 42 days
|2 days-day of departure or after
- ALTERATIONS TO YOUR HOLIDAY MADE BY SUPERSTAR HOLIDAYS LIMITED
- The arrangements for holidays are made months in advance and changes are sometimes necessary, for example as a result of the unexpected closure of a hotel, the withdrawal of facilities or changes in flight times.We reserve the right to make changes or amendments to the holiday arrangements at our absolute discretion and will do our reasonable best to advise you or your travel agent before your departure. If your accommodation has to be changed we will do our best to provide reasonable alternative accommodation.
- There may be occasions when your booking may have to be cancelled for example where a material change or amendment to your arrangements is required, or if no other reasonable accommodation can be found or through force majeure, and we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to cancel your holiday. In these circumstances you will be offered the choice of an alternative holiday of comparable standard or a refund of any monies you have already paid.Sometimes, alterations are necessary such as changes to your U.K. airport, resort, time of departure or return by more than 12 hours and the offering of accommodation with a lower classification.You are then entitled to compensation or a credit towards the cost of an alternative holiday:
|Period of notification given prior to departure date.
||Compensation per person
|More than 8 weeks
|Within 8 weeks
|Within 6 weeks
|Within 4 weeks
|Within 2 weeks
- FORCE MAJEURE
- Your holiday will not be cancelled after the date your final invoice is due for payment except for circumstances beyond our control. These include weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riot, civil commotion, and other circumstances outside our control. Should cancellations be necessary, however, the choice of an alternative holiday of comparable standard will be offered if available or a prompt and full refund of all money paid. No compensation will be payable.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE
- We regret that we cannot advise you or sell any Travel Insurance to you. However, we strongly recommend that you take adequate Insurance to protect your travel arrangements and personal effects. World weather is becoming quite erratic and unpredictable and we cannot beheld responsible for any disruption to your holiday due to bad or unusual weather conditions. However, should such an event occur outside the European Union, we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable assistance to make alternative arrangements although we will not accept liability or responsibility for any costs you may incur.
- For details of ABTA’s recommended insurance “ABTASURE” – call 0800 083 7731.
- When you buy an ATOL protected flight inclusive holiday services that are financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
More information regarding ATOL protection, please go to www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
- IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
- Although we do our best to ensure that all arrangements made for your holiday are satisfactory, occasionally problems arise.
- Although we do our best to ensure that all arrangements made for your holiday are satisfactory, occasionally problems arise. If you have a complaint you must explain the problem to our representatives in Israel by contacting their offices listed on Page 19. They will do everything possible to help you there and then. If you feel the complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily, please notify us in writing within 28 days of your return from your holiday. In the unlikely event of the complaint not being resolved to your satisfaction any disputes arising out of, or in connection with, this contract which cannot be amicably settled may be referred to arbitration under a special scheme which, though devised by arrangement with ABTA, is administered quite independently by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. The scheme (details on request) provides for a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration on documents alone with restricted liability on the customer in respect of costs. This scheme does not apply to claims for a greater amount than £5,000 per person/ £25,000 per booking form, nor to claims which are solely or mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the consequences of such injury or illness
- Occasionally delays or changes can occur to flights as a result of bad weather, strikes, air traffic control, etc. Neither we nor the airlines have control over such eventualities, but we will do everything to ensure your comfort and minimise any inconvenience caused. Flight information may be subject to alteration and, if known, will be advised to you at the time of booking, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIABILITIES
- Package Holidays sold by Superstar are on the sole responsibility of SUPERSTAR HOLIDAYS LIMITED. We will ensure that the holiday booked with us will be as described and services reach a reasonable standard. If we fail to provide any part, we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your holiday. We accept responsibility for acts and/or omissions of our employees, agents, suppliers except where they lead to death, injury or illness. Our liability in all cases shall be limited to a maximum of twice the value of the original holiday cost.
- We accept responsibility for death, injury, or illness caused by the negligent acts and /or omissions of our employees or agents together with suppliers and sub-contractors whilst acting within the scope of their employment in the provision of your holiday. We will accordingly pay to our clients such damages as might have been awarded in such circumstances under English Law.
- In respect of carriage by air, sea and rail and the provision of accommodation our liability in all cases will be limited in the manner provided by international convention. When you travel with the carrier, the conditions of that carrier apply, some of which may limit liability.In accordance with Air Navigation Orders, an infant must be under 2 years on date of return flight to qualify for infant status. A copy of our Tour Operator’s combined liability insurance policy is available for inspection at all times.
- Any claims arising shall be subject to English Law and jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The operation of overseas property, transport and other services is regulated and enforced by the local authorities of each country and are subject to the laws, regulations, standards and Codes of Practice of that country. Both the legal and safety requirements of many foreign countries are different to those applied in the U.K. and it is only the local standards of each country that foreign suppliers operate to. Local energy conservation measures, and unseasonable weather conditions, can result in disruption to the supply of electricity and particular facilities such as swimming pools may not always be available as described and may be curtailed or withdrawn altogether (often for hygiene or safety reasons).
- PROBLEMS CAUSED BY MISADVENTURE
- Every assistance shall be offered by us to any client who through misadventure suffers illness, personal injury or death during the period of their holiday arising out of an activity not forming part of the holiday arrangement. This includes advice, guidance and initial financial assistance where appropriate up to the limit of £5,000 per person.
- SPECIAL REQUESTS
- If you have any special requests for example, dietary, adjoining rooms, etc, you must advise us when the booking is made. We are happy to pass your request on but we cannot guarantee that it will be accommodated. Any note of your request on your invoice confirms we have received it and does not guarantee that we, or the relevant supplier can meet your request. In no circumstances will any such request be accepted by us as to form part of our contractual obligations.
- FINANCIAL PROTECTION
When you buy an ATOL protected flight inclusive holiday from us, you will receive an ATOL certificate. This lists the flight, accommodation, car hire and/or other services that are financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
- For further information, please visit the ATOL website, www.atol.org.uk
- SURCHARGE POLICY
- The price of your holiday is subject to surcharges on the following items:
- Governmental action
- overflying charges
- airport charges
- increases in scheduled airfares and air passenger duty (APD). Even in this case, we will absorb an amount equivalent to 2% of the holiday price excluding amendment charges and aircraft fuel surcharge which will be notified to you in writing prior to full payment being received. Bookings paid in full before the date of fuel surcharge notification will be exempt. Should the level of any surcharge not be acceptable to you, you are entitled to cancel your holiday with a full refund of all monies paid except for amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the date of our notification.
- UNUSED ACCOMMODATION.
- We regret that no refund will be made for any unused accommodation or for any other unused service of the holiday. Accommodation, services or any other features of the holiday are not exchangeable and cannot be transferred to other parties except as set out in section 3 of these booking conditions.
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
- Every effort has been made to make descriptions as accurate as possible but occasionally amenities are temporarily not available e.g. electrical breakdowns, swimming pools or various facilities not fully operational in early/late season. In addition, operation of amenities may be subject to Government or local licensing laws. Superstar Holidays cannot accept responsibility for any such problems which are outside the control of a Tour Operator. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy in the description of the product at the time of publishing, we cannot accept responsibility for any changes or problems that may occur outside our control.
- DATA PROTECTION
- In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements we need to use the information you provide such as name, address, any special needs or dietary, religious requirements and accessibility
- We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies etc.
- The information may also be provided to security or credit check companies, public authorities such as customs and immigration if required, or as required by law.
- Additionally, where your holiday is outside the European Union, controls on data protection in your destination may not be as strong as the legal requirements in the U.K.
- We will not, however, pass any information onto any party not responsible for all or part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements.
- If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EU or not, we cannot provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.
- We would also like to hold your information including any email addresses whereby collected by us, for our own future marketing purposes (for example to inform you of promotional / competition offers) or to send you our brochure.) If you do not wish to receive such approaches, in future, please inform as soon as possible.
Please note: Where information is also held by your travel agent, this is subject to your agent’s own data protection policy.
You are entitled to a copy of your information held by Superstar Holidays Ltd. If you would like to see this information please write to us at:
16 Upper Woburn Place,London
Tel: 020 7121 1500
Fax: 020 7121 1515
Superstar is the registered trademark owned by Superstar Holidays Limited.